Sunday, May 17, 2009

Camping

Jake's extra-long long box worked nicely to pull our camper when I suddenly had a longing to go camping this weekend.


We headed to Itasca State Park where it was just a little bit cold. Luckily I was prepared with hearty lunch of grilled cheese sprayed with Pam instead of butter and BBQ chips. The first sandwich turned out a bit soggy and Jake offered to eat it. I gave it to Kylie and she ate it. The next few were mostly burned and Jake again offered to eat them but I knew if I waited for perfection we might run out of bread. Here he is making the grilled cheese:


Doesn't he look thrilled?



The rest of the day was spent hiking and playing.


(Does anyone else think these two are starting to look like twins? Kylie told Kaydence that she thinks she might have stopped growing.)



Hiking, playing, and falling in the dirt. Alot.


Unless you're on dad's back and then you're safe.


It was beautiful there but in late May there isn't much for blooming flowers so I took what I could get. Isn't that a superb dandelion?






Headwaters of the Mississippi River

Kylie wanted to walk over the rocks at the headwaters. She fell in shortly after which sadly I didn't get a picture of. :)



And a picture of my bifocals, just for you, Erin.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait for camping this summer! And your glasses are really cute! :)

A day in the Life... said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We will have to try to get together with you guys next time.

erin said...

aww.... i'm jealous. i wanna go camping! i'm glad you guys had a good time!

and i LOVE the glasses. they look great on you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed