Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jake and I got home around 1pm and the kids all have a cold. I'm really hoping I don't get it because I hate being sick when the kids are all sick. I'm also hoping Emeric doesn't get it or at least not very bad.

Our concert was great! We won tickets about a month ago to see Jeremy Camp & Bebo Norman so we went with Jake's brother and his wife and had a good time. We've seen Bebo Norman before but we hadn't seen Jeremy Camp. I added one of Bebo Norman's songs to my playlist. It's called Britney. Actually on there I think it's called Britney's Comeback or something. Anyway, he told the story of watching the news one night and seeing a piece on Britney Spears and how she'd locked one of her kids in the bathroom to keep him from being taken away. He said his first thought was to judge her for the poor choices she's made and then he felt God speaking to him and anyway, ended up writing that song. I really liked it.

Jake and I went back to our hotel and were in bed by 10:30. We slept until almost 10:30 this morning. Man it felt nice to get 12 hours of sleep but Jake said it made him feel old to not have the kids, be able to do what we want and then just sleep. I didn't mind, I don't sleep well hardly ever for some reason so it was nice!

Well, I'm off to try to catch up on laundry, put everyone's stuff away and then hopefully take a bath!


2 comments:

A day in the Life... said...

I am glad you had a good time!

Jess(ica) said...

Glad to hear you got to get away! =) Sounds like you had fun!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed