Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bits & Pieces

It's been a long week around here. Jake was gone Thursday-Saturday, home Sunday, and gone again through Wednesday. Have I mentioned I hate truck driving? He's got a job opportunity lined up for spring and it should take him through the winter so that will be really nice. He doesn't like being gone either.

Kaydence has her allergy testing in the morning and I'm not even mentioning it to her because I don't want to hear, "I don't want to!" all day. I figured I'll tell her in the morning. Hopefully it goes fine. If it were Emeric I wouldn't worry about it at all. He's been through so much and has such a high pain tolerance he wouldn't even care but Kaydence on the other hand is anxious about even stepping foot into a doctor's office. I'm also hoping she's allergic to nothing other than dairy because it's already a huge pain cutting dairy from her diet and I don't want to have to cut anything else!

Homeschooling is going well... Kylie is getting better at reading some words and understanding concepts I've never taught her which is encouraging. Kaydence now recognizes all her letters and can write some of them, which she couldn't do a few months ago. I think I've found a bit of a groove and the sort of curriculum, if any, that Kylie likes. I think I know what curriculum we'll go with next year and it will be different than what we have now.

Kylie also really wants to start playing the violin so I'm going to look around for a cheap violin and try to teach her a few things myself. Most instruments are pretty easy to learn once you can read music and knowing how to play piano helps too. We can't afford to put her in lessons but I really want her to play if she would like to. I would love to start playing again myself but adult violins are ridiculously priced.

In other news my house smells sooooo good today because I'm making apple butter. It has to slow cook for TWELVE hours though so it won't be ready until tonight but I don't care, the smell alone is tasty enough!



2 comments:

S. and Company said...

Hi Nicole!
It was neat to hear about your homeschooling comments. We're highly considering it (Seth is 3 and a half, and I am doing informal teaching already, but I figure I have a little while before we make anything "official".) I was wondering what curriculums you've used and what you like. Also, I have a question about your church, but maybe it would be better to ask that via email - I haven't noticed yet if you write about your town/area ect. publicly on your blog. If you are interested in some questions ;o) you could shoot me an email snkrier@live.com and then I could reply with my inquiries.
Hope you have a good day. I pray that the allergy test will reveal no problems!
In Christ,
Natalie

Jess(ica) said...

You play the violing? I mean, you know how? Did I know that?

Sounds like school is going really well! =)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed