Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Apple Butter

I made apple butter today and thought I'd share the recipe. It was much easier than I anticipated and it's sooooo good!




Apple Butter

8 apples, peeled, cored and chopped

4 c. white sugar

4 t. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. ground cloves

1/4 tsp. salt


Fill slow cooker with apples, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and salt.



Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12 hours.


*It will get very dark. It's also a lot lumpier than store bought Apple Butter although I did spend a lot of time mashing the apples down because I wanted it smoother.


Fill small jars or freeze!





















5 comments:

S. and Company said...

Yum! Looks good!

Jess(ica) said...

Sounds easy and looks good!

Annika said...

Looks delicious and easy! I am sure your house smells wonderful. We're going to try it :)

Rachael said...

Thanks for the recipe! I am going to try it today, I cant believe how easy it is!

erin said...

mmmmm.... that looks good. i tried some a couple years ago and it was super runny so i haven't attempted any since! i'll have to try your recipe sometime!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed