Thursday, December 13, 2007

30 days

That's how long they want Emeric on antibiotics for the infection in his colon that will not go away. UGH! I'd found out that our insurance company will pay for probiotics and that the doctor just needed to write up a prescription. I talked to the doctor and she said to talk to the GI but that I could feed him yogurt which would help. I realize that can't do any harm but I don't believe for a minute that eating yogurt everyday is going to get rid of a bacterial infection like C. Difficile, which can incredibly hard to get rid of. So, I'm going to ask the GI to write up a prescription for the probiotics and since he's not losing weight and not miserable I want to try them before the antibiotics for the next month!

In the meantime the doctor said I can schedule his eye surgery to irrigate his tear ducts. I don't want to put him under anethesia but his tear ducts have gotten really bad again and we need to get it taken care of. So, I guess we'll be doing that soon too.

2 comments:

LS said...

Hey Nicole, long time no see! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was shocked to check out your blog today and realize you have 3 cute kids! Wow, where does the time go?

I hope little Emeric gets over this illness and I was wondering if maybe you would want to try garlic in addition to probiotics? Fresh garlic is so medicinal and good for many different ailments. When I had chronic yeast infections for a while in college that was one of the BIG helps in getting over it. I doubt it would be easy to get a little guy to take it though.
I found it strange that your bread recipe had you raise it for that long! Most bread I have made takes an hour to rise before shaping and an hour or two to raise after shaping.
Have a great day and by the way I love your kids' names!

Nicole said...

Lindsey,
We've used garlic off and on, not for a while though. I'm sure it'd be worth trying again. It's one of those things where it gets to be so much when he's already getting a bunch of other medications! And yeah, getting him to take it is the pain! We've used it in his ears for infections and I've used it when he had a yeast rash but internally I'm not sure he'd take it. Maybe we'll see though! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed