Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a day!

I turned on the tv this morning to watch the events of the Inauguration. There was a black man being interviewed that was 100 years old and he was crying when he tried to describe how much this meant to them, how they never thought they'd see the day when a black man was sworn in as President and what this meant for future generations. It really was awesome to see the day unfold and watch the change in power take place! I explained to the girls what was going on but neither of them seemed to really care even though they did watch parts of it. Someday though I bet they'll appreciate the fact that they watched a once in a lifetime event!

The kids have been keeping close tabs on me lately. Kylie asked me the other day why I was on the computer again, why I didn't make my bed but she had to make hers, and why I got to drink Mt. Dew and they didn't.

I thought about telling her that while daddy leaves for work mommy works from the computer. But, I didn't. :)

I did however lock myself in the bathroom to drink my next Mt. Dew.

3 comments:

erin said...

haha... i love that you drank your mt dew in the bathroom. that's too funny! i hate it when they ask those kind of questions...

erin said...

oh, and i like your new background. very cute!

Jess(ica) said...

I agree about the historical day! Regardless of one's political views, it was definitely an amazing moment for America!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed