Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fish are pointless really.


My kids are typically very observant so I was surprised yesterday when this conversation took place:

Kylie: Mom, where's our fish?

Me: Um, the one that died a couple months ago?

Kylie: It died?(shocked)

Me: Yes.

Kylie: Can we get the new one now? You know, the one with puffy cheeks? Dad said we could get it once our other fish died.

Me: Yeah, probably sometime.

Kylie: (thinking for a minute) Poor Goldie.

Me: Wasn't its name Cheyenne?

Kylie: Oh yeah, it was Cheyenne. Poor Cheyenne.

So a new fish with puffy cheeks came into the family today. The kids haven't named it yet. Which is fine since I'm sure by morning it would have a new name. I think I like Cheyenne slash Goldie better though. This fish has like 20/10 vision and flips out when you walk by its bowl. The only time our other fish freaked out is if you put a mirror up to its bowl and that was because it was a fighting fish and I suppose it felt threatened.

Yes, my life has become even more boring than before! Don't forget to stay tuned!

2 comments:

erin said...

haha... that's funny that she forgot it's name. and that it died!
oh, and do you get the urge to pop the puffy cheeks? every time i see them at the store i think about what would happen if you popped them!

A day in the Life... said...

Fish are pointless... I agree

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed