Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bits & pieces

Well, Emeric's endoscopy results were normal! That's great news! It looks like the reflux isn't from an allergy(which is figured was probably the case) so I'll wait to hear from the GI and then she wanted to start him on Prilosec. Yeah for ANOTHER med to give to him EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I know I shouldn't complain because I know lots of people that give their kids way more meds than I do everyday but I do get tired of it. Especially now since he's not supposed to have liquids unless they're thickened and two of his meds are liquids.

We also found out that Emeric's muscle(from last March) was sent out for another test and I got the results of that yesterday. Of course I don't know how to interpret the results and heaven forbid the doctor actually call me and let me know! He didn't even tell me he was doing this test though so I don't expect much these days. The doctor we'll be seeing in February will interpret the results but it might be a while before she gets back to me.

In keeping with other anti-climatic news... I ended up getting in a lengthy discussion with the OT who did Emeric's swallow study. Somehow we got to talking and I mentioned I have a swallowing problem myself. I told her I've had it for as long as I can remember but I had a swallow study done when I was younger that was normal and my mom told me it was probably in my head(no mom, it was in my throat :) ) so I never did much about it. I got to talking with my dad one time and he mentioned he has a swallowing issue too and it sounded VERY familiar. Anyway, it turns out this OT thinks I have acid reflux and she said if I got on medication it would probably take care of it!!! What? No more running quickly and not so discreetly to the bathroom to make myself throw up before I soon can't breathe? I've actually taught myself how to eat to keep it from getting bad but sometimes it still happens and it's more than annoying.

So... since we haven't been to the doctor in 3 days I figured I might as well make myself an appt. Plus, maybe it would make Emeric feel better to have a drug partner! :)

Well, I'm off to warm my fingers. I'm seriously considering buying a small heater to set on my computer desk because my fingers get so cold holding them on the keyboard. LOL Although, when it's -30 outside nothing really helps.

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed