Friday, September 5, 2008

Emeric had an assessment today with the Speech Language Pathologist. He's going to start working with Emeric for 30-45 minutes 1x a week. He said he has low oral motor awareness which is why he drools so much and might be why he can't make some sounds. He placed him at an overall level of 10-15 months for language. I think it will be really good for Emeric and it'll be interesting to see how he is with a man. All of his therapists have been women.

We went swimming today with the homeschool group. The girls had a lot of fun! Kylie was getting a bit more brave and going down the waterslide and under the water a bit. I didn't even see Emeric the whole time. His nurse walked him around the track and he took a good nap.

We're working now on letters and doing some coloring. We didn't do much yesterday so we have to make up for it today.

A friend of mine lost her little girl yesterday in a really tragic accident and I wasn't in the mood to do anything with school. She was 2 years old and I cannot even imagine the pain they're going through. I have a 2 year old and I couldn't imagine something happening so suddenly like that with no time to say goodbye. Her sister and I were best friends growing up and I met their family when I was about 10 years old. I spent a lot of time there and they're all like family to me.

I know God uses things like this for his glory but right now that's really hard to understand. It's hard to imagine why God would take a 2 year old little girl and I just can't wrap my mind around it. I just cannot imagine.

So hold your kids tighter and remember that none of our days are promised. We worry about those that are sick in our lives or I worry about Emeric and his future but this is such a reminder that none of us have tomorrow as a promise.

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed