Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Words of Wisdom...

Teeth are so pointless to me. I mean sure without teeth I couldn't anything hard, crunchy, or chewy very easily but I don't think it'd be so bad to live off smoothies for the rest of my life. Or malt o meal... I guess pizza wouldn't take very good pureed but I'm not sure I care at this point.

I just got home from the dentist. When you sit for 1.5 hours with the blood rushing to your head and your mouth open wider than the Grand Canyon and your face is getting sprayed with water while a cement drill rattles your brains it makes you realize that hey, maybe pulling all these teeth would just be the best option.

Do you know that having good teeth is mostly genetics? It isn't how much candy you eat, how much pop you drink, or how much you brush your teeth. Sure, those things play somewhat of a part but really it's mostly your family that gave you bad teeth. Or good teeth if you have them. But we're not talking about good teeth because I'm envious and irritated with those that have good teeth.

You know what else plays a part? Breastfeeding. You give your baby the healthiest start possible and in the end you pay for it with drills, and synthetic materials, and nasty smells, and pain. See, if you're like me and you don't take prenatal vitamins while you're pregnant than you too will have the vitamins sucked from your teeth(and bones). I don't think it happens right away but I spent a total of 31 months breastfeeding and apparently it did me in.

So your lesson for today is eat, drink and be merry. Because in the end it really doesn't matter anyway.

P.S. Wait to drink until the novacaine has fully worn off though. That way you won't end up with water running down your face and a wet shirt.

3 comments:

erin said...

i totally agree. my teeth are horrible. all my days of drinking mt. dew in school gave me 12 cavities at once, but in the end i don't think it would've mattered! i think i have more fillings than teeth in my mouth now. and two root canals didn't work either... :-(
but at least samantha likes to look at the "silver" in my mouth!

Jess(ica) said...

I am one of the lucky ones with good teeth. The only cavities I have are my very far back teeth that are really hard to brush because my mouth is small.

Well, the other bad thing about my teeth is that I apparently brushed them too much and too hard because my gum line is receeding and now I have sensitive gums. Hooray for Sensodyne!

Nicole said...

See, you either can't brush enough or you brush too much. No one can win!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed