Monday, August 18, 2008

Our classroom

Here are some pictures of our homeschool classroom so far. Minus the walls, sheetrock, carpeting and other non-important materials! ;)

There's still LOTS of work to be done but it's coming along and it will work fine. In the summer it's nice and cool and in the winter, with the floor heat, it stays warm. So not having carpet will be ok for a while!

I was starting to get worried that I didn't have what I needed and then this weekend between garage sales and thrift stores we collected a globe for $1, a chalkboard for $3.95, some big books of fairy tales and Children's Literature for $1 each, and a few weeks ago I got that big black book shelf for free!! I also bought the table and chairs from a lady in Fargo last week. I love them!

I included a random picture of Emeric and I because it's very rare I get a picture taken of myself with any of the kids!!





3 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Looks like you have a great little classroom with all the essentials! And that's awesome you got such good deals on everything! =) When is the first day of school?

anna said...

first of all, i LOVE your new haircut and color! its so cute! and that table and chair set is so cute - i want one! the classroom looks awesome, nicole! kylie is gonna love going to school there! good luck!!

erin said...

how exciting! it looks great. i wish i had a separate room to do school in, but the kitchen table will have to do for now! i'm sure kylie's getting excited, but are you too?? :-) oh, i want to know when you're gonna start too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed