Tuesday, May 6, 2008

People can be really dense...

There's this lady at Bible Study who doesn't know me but apparently has "heard" of us. She came up to me today and she said, "Oh, aren't you the one that um one of your kids has something wrong with him?" I gave her a look as if to say, "What? What are you talking about?" and then she said, "Yeah, doesn't one of your kids have seizures?" @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ That's me rolling my eyes out of my head.

Do people really think a good way to approach someone that you don't even know for the sole purpose of satisfying your own nosy curiousity is to ask what's wrong with your kid?

So I said, "Nothing is WRONG with him. Yes, he has seizures."

Then she goes blabbing on and on about how she has a niece with seizures and how it isn't the end of the world!

Um, did I ever say it was the end of the world????????? NO!!

Apparently she didn't think her first few comments were dumb enough so she then says that he'll probably grow out of it. As if she now knows everything about Emeric and that all people with Epilepsy outgrow it. I'm not sure why people tell me this anyway. I guess they think it helps. It doesn't.

I say, "uh huh" and she asks if he has seizures daily and if takes any medications for it. @@@@ Again, rolling my eyes. I tell her yes and she just can't believe he still has seizures while on the medication and then gives me this look as if to say she's sooooo sorry.

I DO NOT EVEN KNOW THIS WOMAN!

I can't even begin to tell you how annoyed I was with her and how rude I thought she was and how angry all her stupid comments made me.

So, my point?

That you don't want up to someone that you don't even know and ask them what's wrong with their kid and then proceed to tell them that he'll grow out of it despite not knowing anything about him.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. Thanks for listening! :)

4 comments:

Jess(ica) said...

Wow! What a rude lady! She sounds like she'd be the kind of lady who'd gossip at a Bible Study but call it a "prayer request."

A day in the Life... said...

LOL Jessica I think I have even done that myself ;)

Jess(ica) said...

I think we all have at one point or another!

L.A. said...

Nicole, I totally empathize with you. People did that to me all the time w/Jordi. The funniest part to me is how you wrote it. Your choice of words and comic spin was very entertaining even while I was empathizing with you.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed