Saturday, August 18, 2007

I came across something today

I came across a verse today and it made me stop and think. It reminded me again of the need to trust in God and leave my worries at his feet.

"Therefore we do not despair, but even if our physical body is wearing away, our inner person is being renewed day by day. For our momentary, light suffering is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I think all moms naturally worry about their kids. I guess in my mind you need to worry sometimes. It's that moment of worry, that "gut feeling" that makes us realize what we need to do for our kids. On the other hand, constantly worrying only tells me I'm not really trusting God. It's as if I'm saying, "ok God. I trust you, but here's what I think." It's as if I need to make sure I search out each and every possibility to every situation so I know what to do because well, what if God misses something?? What if he's too busy that he doesn't really see what's going on?

My goal for this week is not to worry. Emeric has an appt. at Mayo on August 27th & yes, I'm hoping for more answers, but in the meantime I just want to enjoy my time with my kids & not be preoccupied with worry. Besides, it's Emeric's birthday in 2 days and I want to have a fun, lighthearted day.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. I've really been able to feel your prayers throughout all of this so thank you to everyone! Some specific things to pray for(If you're the kind of person that needs specifics, like me!)

Pray for wisdom for the doctors that they'll know what's going on with Emeric, what tests to run, etc.

Pray for Emeric that he'll be ok with all the blood work again and any other tests they have to run. He's started getting pretty nervous when we lie him down on a table of any kind. I suppose he thinks they'll poke him.

Pray for the girls that they'll be ok while I'm gone again. Last time I think it was hard on them.

Pray for me that I'll stop worrying about everything so much and quit relying on Mr. Google(that'd be the internet of course) to diagnose him myself! :)

Pray that I'll be able to get into the Ronald McDonald house again because it would make it a lot less of a struggle financially if we could stay there.


0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed