Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I can eat fast but can I juice fast?

It's been nearly a year since I posted here, wow!

So, awhile back I bought a juicer that I found on sale for an amazing price! I've used it a few times and then stored it away not unlike many other novelty appliances I've purchased in the past.

And then, I watched this:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

The movie is about a man who is overweight, on multiple medications, and has a chronic, miserable health condition. He believes he can cure his condition solely through diet. He goes on a 60 day juice fast. In the process he meets many people, including a truck driver who happens to have the same rare condition that he has. This man ends up doing his own juice fast and he too cures himself of this condition.

This is a fruit and vegetable juice fast and juicing is more beneficial than just eating all of those fruits and veggies because #1 juice is more easily absorbed and #2 it's much easier to drink a glass of juice than it is to eat a head of kale, 2 apples, carrots, etc.

If you have the time, watch this documentary!

All of this to say I am doing a 10 day juice fast. I'm starting on Monday, March 5th. I will eat or drink nothing but juice and water for 10 days. I guess I'm blogging here figuring this will help keep me accountable but also because I want to document how I'm feeling, weight loss, health benefits, etc. And yes, I think with even just 10 days I will feel better!

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed