Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thistlehair, the Christmas bear

It's funny what you remember about Christmas as a kid. I remember my mom had this Alabama Christmas tape and everytime I hear the songs on the radio it reminds me of growing up. I just heard one of the songs today, "Thistlehair, the Christmas bear" and it brought back a memory of driving in our little yellow car back from the movie rental store & getting Dominoes Pizza.


We also spent the night at my grandma and grandpa's house and my grandpa would get up on the roof every year and shake the Christmas bells, pretending to be Santa. I used to always get scared when I was real young and he thought it was funny. ;) I remember finding out in 2nd grade that there was no Santa and crying to my mom about it who told me not to tell my younger sister. I still remember the girl that told me there was no Santa!

So far we don't really have any major traditions with our kids and each year I think about what traditions we could start. We have made a gingerbread house the last few years and opened stockings Christmas Eve with presents on Christmas day. I guess those are some traditions but it seems like there could be more meaningful ones!

We're stuck at home because of the winter storm. The girls are watching, "Alvin and the chipmunks" and then Jake is going to take them outside sledding. Emeric might go out for a bit but he can't stand up with snowpants and boots on so it's a lot of work having him out for too long!

Well, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!!

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed