Monday, June 22, 2009

Camp.

I got home Saturday afternoon from camp. I counseled this year for senior high girls. We left Sunday for a staff retreat and spent the day planning our week and getting ready for campers to arrive. Campers started coming Monday around 2:00pm and for the next 5 days the running around didn't end. From 7:30am until 11:30pm our schedules were packed with chapel, small groups, sports, swimming, more chapel, more rec, etc.... It was a blast and I'm so glad I decided to go!

Surprisingly I really didn't miss my kids much which was great. I prayed about it a lot before hand that I would not miss it because I knew if I did it would make camp a lot less fun than it could've been and I didn't want that so I was glad that the week flew by.

Now I'm back home and back to the grind of Emeric's therapy, phone calls and the same old stuff.

One thing that isn't the same is I'm training to run a 1/2 marathon with my sister in law, Jill and her husband. I figure if I admit I'm going to do it that will give me the motivation to actually follow through. The thought of running 13.1 miles makes me laugh at this point but this is something I really want to do and I'm just hoping my asthma and runner's knee don't stop me.

So, if you don't see me blogging for a while it's probably because I can't move.

1 comments:

erin said...

i'm glad your week went well! i take it nothing happened with any of the kids medically speaking?!

good luck with the half marathon. when is it? i can't imagine running that far. it's hard enough for me to run more than 5 minutes on the treadmill!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed