Sunday, January 25, 2009

Kids are a strange breed...

For some reason, my 4 year old child has gotten very.... creative/silly/weird lately. Although maybe it's not just lately. This is after all the same child that woke up after at least an hour of sleeping, stumbled into the livingroom, eyes half shut and asked, "Are you making a pizza? I smell something." You see, Kaydence is OBSESSED with pizza(cheeseless by the way because she's allergic to dairy) and she would eat it everyday despite the fact that it's mostly crust and sauce with a few slices of pepperoni here and there.

However, the random, funny things she says have become more frequent...

She's taken to proclaiming, "Holy fruit balls!" anytime she's surprised by something. Sometimes it very random and doesn't seem to pertain to being surprised by anything and yet she says it anyway. Or she'll say "You're a silly mommy noodle head" or "Cheese Macaroni!" for no apparent reason. I asked her if she thinks she'll be the class clown someday and she said, "You're a silly mommy head". Which for a 4 year old is a sufficient way to answer a question.

She's also taken to telling me she's "itchy" all the time so she needs a bath. This started because Kylie was itchy one day, from dry skin I'm assuming, so I told her to go take a bath and then we'd put lotion in. And Kylie got to take a bath in our bathtub(which is a lot bigger) so Kaydence said, "I need to take a bath in your bathtub mommy because I am SOOOOOO itchy!".

I tell her to go put lotion on and she initiates her melt down. I tell her she can take a bath in her bathtub because I don't feel like cleaning out all the wax from our bathtub that fell in the water after I grabbed it to blow it out and the wax ran down my arm so I threw it in the water, but that isn't good enough. I tell her that fine, she can take a bath but she doesn't need to lie and tell me she's itchy when she's not and she just wants a bath. She nods her head as if she understands, cocks her head to one side and says, "I love you mommy".

Am I being manipulated here? Or am I just a silly mommy noodle head?

4 comments:

A day in the Life... said...

I could venture a guess as to where she has gotten her obsession with pizza from ;)

erin said...

you're just a silly mommy noodle head! lol.. that cracked me up! and the holy fruit balls too. wouldn't it be funny if adults talked to each other that way!

Becky said...

Thanks for the comment last week... hopefully i can write and leave comments more than once a week! Your children are adorable... your 4 year old kinda sounds like you all over again!

Becky said...

I forgot to mention.... I just started Beth Moore's Esther study too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed