Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another MRI

Emeric will be having an MRI on Friday. I called to let him neurologist know what the eye doctor said because she likes to be kept up to date on what's going on and I mentioned that his MRI is scheduled for December or January and wanted to make sure it was ok to wait that long. She said no that she'd like it done sooner and they can get us in on Friday. I have to take him in on Thursday for a pre-op since he'll be sedated.

I'm throwing around the idea of taking him in today for his finger. It still isn't healed and if it IS infected and I get him on antibiotics today he'd be fine by Friday but if I wait until our Thursday appt. and it's infected they'll cancel the MRI. Basically his finger isn't getting worse or better. He's been running a low grade temp. most of the week though.

Fall/Winter always seems to bring on a ridiculous amount of doctor visits!


I've been thinking a lot lately about trials. Mostly about my friend Lesley and the loss of her little girl but also my sister who had a miscarriage, friends that are going through a hard time, or Emeric's situation. It's so easy I think to feel like we've done something "wrong" to deserve this or that maybe God is punishing us. I read a book a while back and the other said something that has stuck with me:

"If God allowed you to be thrown into pit,
you weren't picked on; you were picked out.
God entrusted that suffering to you because He has faith in you.
Live up to it.
All the way up."

What a different perspective huh?

1 comments:

erin said...

wow..... that is a totally neat perspective. hope everything goes well on friday.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed