Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 3

I am still sick. I can semi-function if I take lots of Ibuprofen every 4 hours. Yes, I know it's horrible for my stomach but there are worse things, like being really sick and having 3 sick kids to take care of. So, you do what you have to do! I got up early and took some Ibuprofen again hoping that by the time the kids woke up it would kick in. Kaydence is already up and still running a fever. So far Emeric hasn't gotten the brunt of this. I can't imagine that he won't though. Jake is feeling better but he never gets sick so for him to it must be very contagious!

Emeric had a neurology appt. this morning but we're going to have to cancel it. Which stinks because she can't see him for at least another month but I can't drag everyone up to Fargo in the cold when they're sick.

I'm hoping the nurse will call today with Emeric's biopsy appt. It's usually 6-8 weeks so I'm expecting to be heading back to Cleveland sometime in March. If you didn't read Emeric's caringbridge site his DNA sequencing that we had done for the Creatine Transporter Defect came back normal so we're back to doing the spinal tap and muscle biopsy. Dr. Parikh said both neurotransmitter disease and mitochondrial disease are still on the table. Either one of the two or both is possible.

Please keep Emeric in your prayers that he doesn't get this flu!

0 comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed